ONE “WORD”: ARGH!
Nerve-racking. My first few days in Exeter University literally couldn’t have gone worst.
If you read my previous blog posts, you know how much I desired a good University experience: after living my whole teenage years as an outcast in my high school, I knew I deserved a better treatment and a chance to prove myself. I always know that I was a fun and querky girl.
Too bad that, as soon as I arrived, I realised that I was put in the most unsociable accommodation block ever. I was surrounded by a bunch of people who didn’t like to socialise and who were way too focused on studying during their first year at uni (which didn’t count towards their degree by the way). Moreover, I also had absolutely no one in my corridor! That’s right: while everyone had flatmates and cooked together, I had my own kitchen, bathroom and didn’t even have corridor mates. This was an epic fail start.
Just so you know: I was randomly put in that accommodation because Exeter was not first choice.
I explain below how I dealt with the situation and how I went from someone with zero connections to a happy & fully integrated student.
I hope this video helps you understand the importance of mindset and perseverance. At the end of the day, it is the one who fights for what he/she wants who’s most likely to get the outcome desired.
HOW CAN WE CAN HELP EACH OTHER (ONLINE OPPORTUNITY)
I have done my best to keep this website up-to-date. However, not living in Exeter anymore, this can be a challenge. If you are about to move to Exeter and want to get involved with this blog then please do not hesitate to contact me via my Instagram account. This is a unique opportunity for anyone who would like to get into blogging, influencer marketing or just generally gain some experience for their CV. Again, you can contact me for more details on how this may help you!
ADDITIONAL RESOURCES FOR YOU
Over the years I have created many guides and checklist that aim to help you save time. Here are a list of them just in case you might miss out on a few:
- The Essay Decoder: a resource to help international students understand what is asked in an essay. This resource was given to me by one of Exeter’s top Senior Lecturers.
- Do’s & Don’ts at University Guide: a resource that gives you 70+ tips about university life. These recommendations range from social life, to love life, to reputation… I wish I had this guide when starting.
- The Ultimate Packing Checklist for both Catered students and Self-Catered students. A resource that aims to help you save time when preparing yourself for University.
- My 1st E-Book: a resource that has help me become a boss at Time Management. Moreover, it has also helped me create more time for what I love and get to my goals faster. It is lengthy, however it is arguably the best Time Management piece of research out there.
- My Before & After CV Transformation: a resource that has collected my CVs for the past 7 years to help you not only craft a great CV, but to also show you that everyone can start mediocre and grow exponentially.
- How To Land a Job Faster Guide: a resource that aims to give you all of the tips and recommendations I have used during my career. This will help you avoid some common mistakes students do when starting off with their job applications.
MY OBJECTIVE IS AND WILL FOREVER BE TO HELP YOU
To conclude, the aim of this website is to help you have the best fresh start at University and with your career. There is nothing that gives me more happiness and joy but to hear your positive feedback on how helpful my content has been. Contact me if you have any feedback for me!
BEST OF LUCK WITH IT ALL!!!!