EXETER & RACISM
As a white girl, it was hard for me to grasp to what extent racism is present in our society, whether it’s conscious or unconscious.
When I first came to Exeter University, a lot of the comments on my YouTube Channel were asking me about diversity at Exeter university. I obviously answered what I had experimented or witnessed: which was nothing really, I didn’t believe Exeter was racist. It is only now that I realize how naive my opinion was.
I mean, what would a white girl like me understand about racism and the experience to be a student of color in a (very white) student community? I luckily had the bon sense to start asking around… Each conversation was an eye opener and I decided to make the few videos below.
Before you watch them, please understand that these are different opinions but all valid. At the end of the day, we cannot understand what other people go through until we actually walk in their shoes… And that is why I encourage all of you to listen to these words with an open heart.
LATIFAH AND HER EXPERIENCE AS A BLACK MUSLIM
In this video, Latifah explains to us how it is to go from London to Exeter University. I do my best to give you the most unbiased and real authenticity through my channel and my work. I hope you will grow to respect this lovely soul the same way I did. Latifah, if you are reading this, thank you for your wisdom and I wish you the bright future you deserve.
NICOLE AND AGATA AND THEIR EXPERIENCE AT EXETER UNI
In these videos, Agata and Nicole give us a piece of their mind. I am so happy to give a platform for these girls to express themselves and give their message to you all. I hope the videos help you find the answers you are looking for.
Riadh is from Algeria and started his PhD at Exeter University. He explains his point of view on the whole diversity situation in Exeter and also opens up about starting a PhD.
I wish for the future generations to see beyond skin color and cultural diversities. We are all one, the faster we realize that the faster we will live in a happier reality.
HOW CAN WE CAN HELP EACH OTHER (ONLINE OPPORTUNITY)
I have done my best to keep this website up-to-date. However, not living in Exeter anymore, this can be a challenge. If you are about to move to Exeter and want to get involved with this blog then please do not hesitate to contact me via this Contact Form or via my Instagram account. This is a unique opportunity for anyone who would like to get into blogging, influencer marketing or just generally gain some experience for their CV. Again, you can contact me for more details on how this may help you!
ADDITIONAL RESOURCES FOR YOU
Over the years I have created many guides and checklist that aim to help you save time. Here are a list of them just in case you might miss out on a few:
- The Essay Decoder: a resource to help international students understand what is asked in an essay. This resource was given to me by one of Exeter’s top Senior Lecturers.
- Do’s & Don’ts at University Guide: a resource that gives you 70+ tips about university life. These recommendations range from social life, to love life, to reputation… I wish I had this guide when starting.
- The Ultimate Packing Checklist for both Catered students and Self-Catered students. A resource that aims to help you save time when preparing yourself for University.
- My 1st E-Book: a resource that has help me become a boss at Time Management. Moreover, it has also helped me create more time for what I love and get to my goals faster. It is lengthy, however it is arguably the best Time Management piece of research out there.
- The Time Management Actionable Sheets: a summary of my E-Book. These sheets have conserved the absolute essential actions you need to take to make the most out of your time. Do not skip any steps!
- My Before & After CV Transformation: a resource that has collected my CVs for the past 7 years to help you not only craft a great CV, but to also show you that everyone can start mediocre and grow exponentially.
- How To Land a Job Faster Guide: a resource that aims to give you all of the tips and recommendations I have used during my career. This will help you avoid some common mistakes students do when starting off with their job applications.
MY OBJECTIVE IS AND WILL FOREVER BE TO HELP YOU
To conclude, the aim of this website is to help you have the best fresh start at University and with your career. There is nothing that gives me more happiness and joy but to hear your positive feedback on how helpful my content has been. Contact me if you have any feedback for me!
BEST OF LUCK WITH IT ALL!!!!