The Theory of Marginal Gains is the idea that by improving every aspect of your business by just 1%, you will get a tremendous amount of overall improvement. Similarly, in the book The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, Stephen Covey talked about sharpening the saw.
It is all about looking after yourself.
You are the greatest asset you have, and, if you don’t already do, it is time to learn to look after ourselves. Stephen Covey suggests we pay attention to four areas in our lives:
- Physical: Exercise, Nutrition, Stress Management
- Spiritual: Value Clarification and Commitment, Study and Meditation
- Mental: Reading, Visualizing, Planning, Writing
- Social/Emotional: Service, Empathy, Synergy, Intrinsic Security.
People go to work (often working overtime) and go home simply to eat and sleep so they can go to work again! Is this you? The most important thing you can start doing now is looking after yourself.
SHARPEN YOUR SAW
Sharpening the saw came from Stephen Covey´s story. He met a person who has been sawing down a tree for more than 5 hours. When Covey suggests a break to sharpen his saw, so the job might go faster, the person replies no. Moreover, he says that ¨he doesn’t have time to sharpen the saw because they’re too busy cutting down the tree¨. Therefore, paradoxically, he was wasting more time.
Similarly, it’s so easy to get caught up in the demands of life, that we forget to look after ourselves. We are the instruments of our own performance. To be effective, we need to recognize the importance of taking time regularly to sharpen the saw. All four dimensions of renewal are thoroughly investigated. Stephen Covey ends this chapter with a discussion about the importance of renewal in our lives, and thinking of this as an upward spiral of growth, change, and continuous improvement.
HOW CAN WE CAN HELP EACH OTHER (ONLINE OPPORTUNITY)
If you are struggling to find experience and are interested in Copywriting, Marketing or Entrepreneurship then we are looking for people to become editors of this website. I will form you and teach you everything I know. If you want to get involved with this blog then please do not hesitate to contact me via this Contact Form or via my Instagram account. This is a unique opportunity. Again, you can contact me for more details on how this may help you!
ADDITIONAL RESOURCES FOR YOU
Over the years I have created many guides and checklist that aim to help you save time. Here are a list of them just in case you might miss out on a few:
- My 1st E-Book: a resource that has help me become a boss at Time Management. Moreover, it has also helped me create more time for what I love and get to my goals faster. It is lengthy, however it is arguably the best Time Management piece of research out there.
- The Time Management Actionable Sheets: a summary of my E-Book. These sheets have conserved the absolute essential actions you need to take to make the most out of your time. Do not skip any steps!
- My Before & After CV Transformation: a resource that has collected my CVs for the past 7 years to help you not only craft a great CV, but to also show you that everyone can start mediocre and grow exponentially.
- How To Land a Job Faster Guide: a resource that aims to give you all of the tips and recommendations I have used during my career. This will help you avoid some common mistakes students do when starting off with their job applications.
MY OBJECTIVE IS AND WILL FOREVER BE TO HELP YOU
To conclude, the aim of this website is to help you have the best fresh start at University and with your career. There is nothing that gives me more happiness and joy but to hear your positive feedback on how helpful my content has been. Contact me if you have any feedback for me!
BEST OF LUCK WITH IT ALL!!!!