Fresher’s week is one of those events in your life that can either go incredibly well or… incredibly wrong. Sometimes nerves get the best of you and you end up curled up in bed because you can’t seem to get out there and meet new people. I was literally crying the first few days of my fresher’s week as I literally thought I was going to end up with no friends, yet again.
Thankfully, I ended up having a lot of fun. However it was only because I had a strong mindset and did things that most people do not dare to do, such as going to an event alone and randomly starting a conversation with a group of people who can clearly see that you are alone. It takes balls… You can find more about my story in the video below:
Since I do not expect you to do that, I have come up with many videos about fresher’s week and compiled them into this blog post. They are all from different years, time and people therefore this will give you a more well rounded understanding of what kind of tips you should follow! Enjoy!
In 2016 I was excited to start Fresher’s Week as it was going to be my last Fresher’s Week for me! If you want to feel the excitement then check out my 3rd year self speaking about the topic:
One year later I was at the end of my university experience after 4 years, bringing a more mature perspective to the topic:
After graduation, I decided to stay an extra 6 months at University to interview a few students in order to bring more opinions to the table and to my Youtube Channel as I welcome all sorts of POV in the discussion!
Lucky you! There are two videos!
and to finish it off… a nice little vlog!
It wouldn’t be a complete blog post if I didn’t vlog about fresher’s week! You can find more vlogs on my Youtube Channel.
HOW CAN WE CAN HELP EACH OTHER (ONLINE OPPORTUNITY)
I have done my best to keep this website up-to-date. However, not living in Exeter anymore, this can be a challenge. If you are about to move to Exeter and want to get involved with this blog then please do not hesitate to contact me via this Contact Form or via my Instagram account. This is a unique opportunity for anyone who would like to get into blogging, influencer marketing or just generally gain some experience for their CV. Again, you can contact me for more details on how this may help you!
ADDITIONAL RESOURCES FOR YOU
Over the years I have created many guides and checklist that aim to help you save time. Here are a list of them just in case you might miss out on a few:
- The Essay Decoder: a resource to help international students understand what is asked in an essay. This resource was given to me by one of Exeter’s top Senior Lecturers.
- Do’s & Don’ts at University Guide: a resource that gives you 70+ tips about university life. These recommendations range from social life, to love life, to reputation… I wish I had this guide when starting.
- The Ultimate Packing Checklist for both Catered students and Self-Catered students. A resource that aims to help you save time when preparing yourself for University.
- My 1st E-Book: a resource that has help me become a boss at Time Management. Moreover, it has also helped me create more time for what I love and get to my goals faster. It is lengthy, however it is arguably the best Time Management piece of research out there.
- The Time Management Actionable Sheets: a summary of my E-Book. These sheets have conserved the absolute essential actions you need to take to make the most out of your time. Do not skip any steps!
- My Before & After CV Transformation: a resource that has collected my CVs for the past 7 years to help you not only craft a great CV, but to also show you that everyone can start mediocre and grow exponentially.
- How To Land a Job Faster Guide: a resource that aims to give you all of the tips and recommendations I have used during my career. This will help you avoid some common mistakes students do when starting off with their job applications.
MY OBJECTIVE IS AND WILL FOREVER BE TO HELP YOU
To conclude, the aim of this website is to help you have the best fresh start at University and with your career. There is nothing that gives me more happiness and joy but to hear your positive feedback on how helpful my content has been. Contact me if you have any feedback for me!
BEST OF LUCK WITH IT ALL!!!!