It seems like yesterday when I was looking through the internet for some information and interviews about Exeter University student life. At the time (2013), I didn’t find anything. Even today, the choices are limited.
In this blog post, I show you most of the interviews I have been doing of Exeter University‘s students. You can find more if you dig through my other blog posts such as the diversity themed one and if you go explore my YouTube Channel. But for now, please find below a few of my most random interviews.
MIX OF STUDENTS
In the videos below, I go around the Forum, on Streatham Campus, and ask a few questions to the student community. Not a lot of people accepted to be on camera (such a shame!) but the few that accepted made up for it!
These are some of my oldest videos but since I worked with the XTV Society, which is the society dedicated to film makers in Exeter, I managed to have excellent quality in both video and sound.
One of my favorite activities is to interview drunk students! They come up with the funniest jokes and the most honest opinion about their student life. The interview of Josh and Sam is by far one of my favorite videos and I wish I did more of these!
Luckily I had enough material that one night to make another video about University Halls. I did not include this in my Accommodation at Exeter University blog post because it was not 100% about accommodation.
This was one of my most researched topics back in 2013: I was craving for more information about University and I ended up watching the same 30 seconds of that same lame 2009 video that wasn’t even up to date! Luckily these interviews help you have a better understanding of your expectations.
Finally I have one more different opinion my an international fresher from Belgium who lived in an en-suite studio in Birks Grange. Disclaimer: Carla ended up dropping out from Exeter university therefore if you feel that you agree with her on every single aspects, then maybe do a bit more research about Exeter University before firming it!
I really hope these interviews help you get a better understanding of what is coming up! As you can notice, people have different perceptions and different opinions. I highly recommend you all reflect on your mindset and the kind of vibe and energy you want to bring to your university experience. Mindset is everything: you want to see the positive, it will all be positive, and vice versa.
HOW CAN WE CAN HELP EACH OTHER (ONLINE OPPORTUNITY)
I have done my best to keep this website up-to-date. However, not living in Exeter anymore, this can be a challenge. If you are about to move to Exeter and want to get involved with this blog then please do not hesitate to contact me via this Contact Form or via my Instagram account. This is a unique opportunity for anyone who would like to get into blogging, influencer marketing or just generally gain some experience for their CV. Again, you can contact me for more details on how this may help you!
ADDITIONAL RESOURCES FOR YOU
Over the years I have created many guides and checklist that aim to help you save time. Here are a list of them just in case you might miss out on a few:
- The Essay Decoder: a resource to help international students understand what is asked in an essay. This resource was given to me by one of Exeter’s top Senior Lecturers.
- Do’s & Don’ts at University Guide: a resource that gives you 70+ tips about university life. These recommendations range from social life, to love life, to reputation… I wish I had this guide when starting.
- The Ultimate Packing Checklist for both Catered students and Self-Catered students. A resource that aims to help you save time when preparing yourself for University.
- My 1st E-Book: a resource that has help me become a boss at Time Management. Moreover, it has also helped me create more time for what I love and get to my goals faster. It is lengthy, however it is arguably the best Time Management piece of research out there.
- The Time Management Actionable Sheets: a summary of my E-Book. These sheets have conserved the absolute essential actions you need to take to make the most out of your time. Do not skip any steps!
- My Before & After CV Transformation: a resource that has collected my CVs for the past 7 years to help you not only craft a great CV, but to also show you that everyone can start mediocre and grow exponentially.
- How To Land a Job Faster Guide: a resource that aims to give you all of the tips and recommendations I have used during my career. This will help you avoid some common mistakes students do when starting off with their job applications.
MY OBJECTIVE IS AND WILL FOREVER BE TO HELP YOU
To conclude, the aim of this website is to help you have the best fresh start at University and with your career. There is nothing that gives me more happiness and joy but to hear your positive feedback on how helpful my content has been. Contact me if you have any feedback for me!
BEST OF LUCK WITH IT ALL!!!!