Many of you do not know what course to go for. The good news is that, worst case scenario, you can always transfer to something different. However, it is always better to get it right the first time. I chose Business & Management and I go through it extensively in this blog post. Similarly, I also decided to ask other students about their course and their experience with it.
I hope that the following videos will help you understand further about what you are getting into.
In this video, Anush gives you a reality check of what it actually means to study law: reading, reading and reading. If there is one thing I have learned by talking to my law friends, it’s that it is very hard to get a first. If you get a 2.1 in law, it is considered as good as a first. Too bad that the employers don’t always understand that.
PPE (Politics, Philosophy and Economics)
PPE is also a very hard degree. However, contrary to other courses, you have less opportunities to mix with other departments. For example: since I did Business & Management, I had the freedom to spend a quarter of my credits on a language course, from the language department. In PPE, most students think that they have more diversity since they have 3 different modules. This is not entirely true as you maxed out the opportunity to work with other departments, such as the language one.
ECONOMICS AND POLITICS
Most of the people that I know who do this course have a huge curiosity for politics and the current affairs. They spend a certain amount of their time catching up on the world’s news and reading the Economist. Accurate enough. This is the much harder version of the Business & Management course.
BUSINESS AND MANAGEMENT
I will not go through all the details in this section as I have written a huge blog post right here about my course. It goes into a lot of details.
Two years later, I made the video below about what I did right (and wrong) with my University degree. Since I did this 1 year after graduating, it really gives me a bird’s eye view on the situation.
You can also find below a Q&A session with some extra information in it.
As much as I wanted to give you more information about the IR course, this is the only video I managed to compile. However I can add that my best friend did IR therefore I have witnessed him writing many essays for his course. If essays are not your forte, then IR is probably not the best course for you. Beware though: it’s not because you were bad at essays at school that you will automatically be bad at them in Uni!
I must say I understood only half of what Gabriel was on about: too many technical words! But I am sure you will get it if medicine is what you are interested in!
HOW CAN WE CAN HELP EACH OTHER (ONLINE OPPORTUNITY)
I have done my best to keep this website up-to-date. However, not living in Exeter anymore, this can be a challenge. If you are about to move to Exeter and want to get involved with this blog then please do not hesitate to contact me via this Contact Form or via my Instagram account. This is a unique opportunity for anyone who would like to get into blogging, influencer marketing or just generally gain some experience for their CV. Again, you can contact me for more details on how this may help you!
ADDITIONAL RESOURCES FOR YOU
Over the years I have created many guides and checklist that aim to help you save time. Here are a list of them just in case you might miss out on a few:
- The Essay Decoder: a resource to help international students understand what is asked in an essay. This resource was given to me by one of Exeter’s top Senior Lecturers.
- Do’s & Don’ts at University Guide: a resource that gives you 70+ tips about university life. These recommendations range from social life, to love life, to reputation… I wish I had this guide when starting.
- The Ultimate Packing Checklist for both Catered students and Self-Catered students. A resource that aims to help you save time when preparing yourself for University.
- My 1st E-Book: a resource that has help me become a boss at Time Management. Moreover, it has also helped me create more time for what I love and get to my goals faster. It is lengthy, however it is arguably the best Time Management piece of research out there.
- The Time Management Actionable Sheets: a summary of my E-Book. These sheets have conserved the absolute essential actions you need to take to make the most out of your time. Do not skip any steps!
- My Before & After CV Transformation: a resource that has collected my CVs for the past 7 years to help you not only craft a great CV, but to also show you that everyone can start mediocre and grow exponentially.
- How To Land a Job Faster Guide: a resource that aims to give you all of the tips and recommendations I have used during my career. This will help you avoid some common mistakes students do when starting off with their job applications.
MY OBJECTIVE IS AND WILL FOREVER BE TO HELP YOU
To conclude, the aim of this website is to help you have the best fresh start at University and with your career. There is nothing that gives me more happiness and joy but to hear your positive feedback on how helpful my content has been. Contact me if you have any feedback for me!
BEST OF LUCK WITH IT ALL!!!!